Saturday, September 29, 2012

Just A Little Each Day

I can tell that my pain level is slowly but surely increasing with the passing days and weeks.  My hormones are relaxing my ligaments, which is surely contributing to the pain levels.  Since I am only on Tylenol, and won't be able to start PT until Wednesday of this week, I have to look at my schedule very carefully to make sure I'm not overbooked.  If I substitute teach one morning, that's likely all I will be able to do that day.  I made the mistake of going grocery shopping after a morning of subbing this week.  That night I took my kids to a birthday party.  When I came home after the party, I needed my cane and an ice pack, and was in tears from pain - I never cry from pain but I did that night.  WAY too much that day.  Note to self: keep commitments to a minimum.  It will all be worth it in the end.  I just keep reminding myself it's temporary.  Just about 6 months to go, and then I can take anti-inflammatories again.

Today I got all the laundry in the house done.  It's because I did nothing else all day, and took very frequent ice pack breaks.  It's good to know your limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment