Wednesday, October 3, 2012

PT Evaluation

Went to PT today, finally.  She did lots of tests and was very knowledgeable, and clearly respected that I knew my body.  After several tests, she concluded that my sciatic nerve is being pinched/strangled, and I concur.  It makes sense, since the botox in my piriformis relieved my pain so much.  Just can't have botox right now.  And, I don't want to be on botox the rest of my life anyway!  So, she wants me to stop walking for now, especially since my gait will be changing significantly through the pregnancy, and instead get a recumbent bike.  Will be trying it out in PT first before investing, because she wasn't absolutely sure on that one yet, since I'm the first pregnant, si-fused patient she's had, lol!  And of course she will be giving me stretches and exercises for strengthening.  I feel better after today!

No comments:

Post a Comment