Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Surgery

I had an appendectomy last week without knowing that I had appendicitis. It was a gut-wrenching decision because of the risk of miscarriage. Ultimately, after a couple hours discussion and a lot of tears, we decided to trust the judgment of the surgeon, because my symptoms were definitely not demonstrative, and they couldn't do any standard tests because I'm pregnant. The nurses all gathered around and prayed for me and the baby before the surgery, which was very comforting. Well, the post-op labs just came back today, and the tests on my appendix show that I did indeed have acute appendicitis. My surgeon was so funny, she said, "I was so stoked!"

However, now I'm out of PT for two more weeks, since it's so much ab work.  I will try to do some gentle stretches starting tomorrow or this weekend though, so I won't lose all my work completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment