Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Delivery

So the question I keep getting is: will you be able to have a vaginal delivery after iFuse?  After speaking with my OB today, and then calling my ortho to verify, it looks like the answer is YES.  Of course, there is a 10-20% increased chance of needing a c-section, and my OB will make that call when the time comes.  I am nervous about causing further damage or hurting my hips or left SI, but as things progress I will simply be open with my OB about my concerns.  She seems very understanding and open to dialogue, and of course I am her first case like this.  She doesn't seem to think that my pain level will get too bad either, in the third trimester.  Well, time will tell on that one, ha!  But she did *highly* recommend a support brace "sooner rather than later."  Good call.

No comments:

Post a Comment