Thursday, August 9, 2012

Walking

So I went for my first walk since being home from Scotland and Ireland.  I walked a great deal while overseas for two weeks.  I used a lot of icy hot patches for my back, and tylenol, and occasional Flexeril while we were there.  But when we got home, I found out I was pregnant and I took a week off from walking to kind of recover from the trip.

So yesterday the walk went pretty well, I tend to have piriformis spasms while I walk of course, but I just adjust my stride and don't push myself.  When I got home, I did sit-ups, the plank, and stretching.  And I did fine all day on just tylenol!  The worst part was simply the pregnancy nausea while I was walking.

3 comments:

  1. Liz,
    I would like to talk to you in regards to being pregnant after having the iFuse Implant. I am 30 and my husband and I would like to have a family but I would like to find out more about how your pregnancy is going. I also have a unilateral right sided fuse right now but I might also have to have the left side done since I continue to have problems with it. Feel free to email me at skigirl52@aim.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz,

    I too want to thank you! I just found out that I am expecting - 6 weeks along - and have both of my SIJ's fused so it is great to be able to read someone else's accounts of a positive pregnancy!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck Bekkah! PT is key in surviving the next 7.5 months. Feel free to ask any questions about my experience!

      Delete