Friday, April 26, 2013

Pulled Muscles, SI Flares

I have pulled two different abdominal muscles, and lemme tell you that hurts like heck.  For the left one I spent three days hunched over and having to push in on the spot just in order to stand.  It does make me question my c-section decision -- the fact that I've had so much trouble with this recovery, and that, at 3 1/2 weeks out, I still have so much pain.  Percocet doesn't even touch it at this point.

And BOTH my SI's are flaring up now, from time to time.  Even the fused side, which I don't understand.  I have requested the medical release and the new referral for PT, and both docs agreed, but the PT hasn't received them yet.  Being Friday afternoon, I'll have to wait all weekend and try again Monday.  And even once they receive them, it will likely be 2-4 weeks before PT can get me in.  I am in PAIN.  And I just want to enjoy my baby.  Trying to believe this is all temporary, but having lived through extensive chronic pain in the past, of course I'm getting nervous.

It's weird that I had so very little pain late in pregnancy but am fighting like crazy now trying to make it through.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl.. your body just went through one of the craziest and most insane things it will ever go through- birth!
    Things will hopefully start to settle down soon. Might take longer for you than most, but it should..

    take it day by day!

    ReplyDelete