Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Will you be able to run, Mommy?

That's the question my 6-yr-old asked me today.  All he's ever known is a Mommy in pain.  And now that I'm pregnant and actually in less pain, he is wanting to know, after Baby Sarah is born, will Mommy be able to run and play with him?  "You never get to play with us," he said.  Words that cut through any mother with chronic pain.  I told him, "Probably not.  I can't make any promises, but we'll just have to see how it goes." 

Since I'm having a c-section, I will have to take time to recover from that, reassess my piriformis syndrome post-partum, and then we'll see where I am.  I told him that sometimes, a body gets hurt so badly that even with surgery to fix the problem (which it did fix the problem -- I have no nerve or joint pain), it never completely heals the way it was before (e.g., my ligament and muscle pain).  I have accepted my lot, that I will likely never be 100%.  But my lot affects my husband, my two little boys, and now my little girl.  So the best answer I can give my family is "we'll see."  That's the hardest part of this whole ordeal - wondering what my littles are missing out on because they have a broken mommy, even if I am somewhat mended.

No comments:

Post a Comment